How and which plants can you grow in your home to have a sustainable diet?
To contribute to the planet we do not need to go far away or look for big initiatives, we can start from our home with small actions that will have a big impact. Here are some ideas that from Waya we believe can leave a positive footprint on the planet and in your life, a mini garden of conscious and sustainable food.
Building our garden will allow us to honor what nature produces, understand its cycles and take advantage of its nutrients. Additionally, by being connected to nature we will be able to significantly reduce our stress and anxiety levels.
- It is important to adequate a specific space that receives a good amount of daily natural light, sun and wind. For this purpose, a patio, a terrace, a balcony, a window or a wall in case it is vertical can be useful.
- To build the vegetable garden does not require much technology, we can make use of wooden boxes, bottles, plateaus, or even pre-designed vegetable garden designs that do not take up much space.
- As redundant as it may seem, plants require care, watering them constantly is to ensure their healthy growth.
- As redundant as it may seem, plants require care, watering them all the timeThere are many ways to fertilize it through organic residues produced at home such as banana shells in water or crushed egg shells.
- A useful recommendation is to sow the seeds individually in a certain space with higher humidity so that in this way they can be cared for and observed, and eventually be transplanted to the garden. For this you can make use of egg cartons or a divided wooden box.
- It is very important to have a drainage system to prevent plants from drowning and not growing, as well as other problems.
From the garden to the table
To make good use of the vegetable garden you can combine different types of plants such as aromatic herbs, vegetables and greens to make the most of the space.
Below you can find some of our recommended plants that do not require special care to grow in different environments and that can have a positive impact on your diet.
- Mini tomatoes